Founded in 2005, PECB Inc. is a personnel certification body for a wide range of professional standards, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO/IEC 20000, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27005, ISO 22301, ISO 26000, ISO 22000, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 28000.
PECB’s mission is to provide their clients comprehensive examination and certification services for individuals. Certification represents the intersection of protection of the public, fairness to candidates, and often, various interests of the profession. Although these may appear to be competing interests, a well-designed certification program will be most effective in meeting these interests when its resources are deployed to enhance validity and reliability. The guidance that follows in their Quality Manual is intended to ensure that PECB develops, maintains and improves a high quality recognized certification program.
PECB’s principal objectives and activities are:
- Establishing the minimum requirements necessary to qualify certified professional
- Reviewing and verifying the qualifications of applicants for eligibility to sit for the certification examinations
- Developing and maintaining reliable, valid, and current certification examinations
- Granting certificates to qualified candidates, maintaining certificant records, and publishing a directory of the holders of valid certificates
- Establishing requirements for the periodic renewal of certification and determining compliance with those requirements
- Ascertaining that certificants meet ethical standards in their professional practice
- Representing its members, where appropriate, in matters of common interest
- Promoting the benefits of certification to employers, public officials, practitioners in related fields, and the public
As the voice of the U.S. standards and conformity assessment system, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) empowers its members and constituents to strengthen the U.S. marketplace position in the global economy while helping to assure the safety and health of consumers and the protection of the environment.
The Institute oversees the creation, promulgation and use of thousands of norms and guidelines that directly impact businesses in nearly every sector: from acoustical devices to construction equipment, from dairy and livestock production to energy distribution, and many more. ANSI is also actively engaged in accrediting programs that assess conformance to standards – including globally-recognized cross-sector programs such as the ISO 9000 (quality) and ISO 14000 (environmental) management systems