The Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management is a comprehensive programme focusing on developing strong fundamental understanding in the key areas of hospitality and restaurant operations and management. Students will acquire a thorough appreciation of the lodging industry, as well as gain operational and strategic skills required for hotel, tourism and restaurant management. Students will also get hands-on knowledge in all operational aspects of the Food and Beverage sector within the hospitality industry. This is to provide students with a strong in-depth foundation of the industry sector required to manage a restaurant or food and beverage department.
- Straight route from Operations to Management.
- Latest Hotel and Restaurant Strategies
- Maximise Efficiency and Output
- Career Opportunity in Asia’s Booming Hospitality Industry
“In terms of driving improvements in productivity, employers most value the Diploma (70 per cent).”
“Three quarters of employers view the Diploma as a benefit to their employer brand and reputation.”
(Management Standards Centre, 2007)
This programme is fully accredited by School of Professional and Continuing Education, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTMSPACE), an internationally recognised and reputable top notch University. Upon successful completion of the programme, attendees will be awarded the title of Professional Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management and receive a certification from UTMSPACE.
Graduates will be able to use the Prof. Dip in Hotel and Restaurant Management on their name cards.
On completion of the programme, graduates can apply for our further programmes. Special exemptions and other benefits are available.
|Language:||Conducted fully in English|
|Mode of delivery:||Blended mode of self-managed learning, discussions, face to face tutorial and online support system. Applied learning is the main focus as we recognised the importance of being able to apply the skills and knowledge learned in the Executive Diploma for our working professional attendees, as well as the essentiality of being in touch with the latest and best industry practices.|
|Duration:||12 months, 3 Semester (36 Credit Hours)|
|Number of modules:||11 modules, 1 projects|
|Lesson timing:||Weekends, 9am to 5pm OR Weekdays, 9am to 5pm. (For the convenience of our working professional attendees)|
|Lecturers:||University Core Modules (Umum Universiti) are all conducted by lecturers for UTMSPACE main campus, other modules by our experienced and knowledgeable lecturers.|
|Assessment:||60 % Coursework, 40% Final Examination. More emphasis is placed on coursework in recognition of the importance of practical industry application of knowledge.|
|Facilities and Property Management|
Food, Bar and Beverage Operations and Management
Rooms Division Operations and Management
Front Office Operations and Management
|Operations and Technology Management|
Accounting with global perspective
Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE)
Leadership and Team Management
International Human Capital Management
Service Quality and Professional Etiquette
Global Sales Skills
Classes are conducted at our Executive Campuses in Johor, Penang, Kuala Lumpur (KL) or Malacca.
Admissions & Fees
All admission applications should be completed by the following admission deadlines.
- Admissions deadline for applications is at the end of every JAN/MAY/SEPTEMBER
Your Personal Investment
RM 16,000.00, excluding application fees.
- Company Sponsorship (HRDF Claimable)
- Bank Loan
All applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in a related field
* Special admission will be considered on a case by case basis.
Interested applicants please submit the following:
- Duly completed application form (Download form from our website or collect a copy from our office)
- Photocopy all supporting documents (Certificates & Transcript)
- Application fee of RM 300
Please complete the above application process and mail/send in person to one of our Executive Campuses in Johor, Penang, Kuala Lumpur (KL) or Malacca.
NEED MORE DETAILS?
Please call at
OR email us at
- Top notch Industrial relevant curriculum
- Applied learning focused
- Exposure to a variety of International case studies
- Completed in 12 months (3 Semester)
- Globally experienced & knowledgeable lecturers from International Organisations such as the World Bank
- Faculty with International contacts in various industries
- Platform to network with experienced & Internationally reputable individuals
- Frequent talks by renowned and experienced Global corporate leaders
- Professional Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management from UTMSPACE (School of Professional and Continuing Education, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia)
- Every January, May & September
- Company Sponsorship
- Bank loan
- 12 months for 11 modules & 1 Projects
- When: Weekends, 8.30am – 5pm
- Where: Executive Campuses in Johor, Penang, Kuala Lumpur (KL) or Malacca. Visit our Contact Us page.
- Hybrid Methods: Face to face tutorial, discussions, online resources
- Corporate Training Style: Encouraged to discuss with lecturers & peers on module related issues in your own organisation for real life examples and practice of applied learning
- 60 %: Coursework
- 40%: Final Exam
- University Core Modules (Umum Universiti): Lecture by UTMSPACE own lecturers
- GEA Modules: Conducted by our globally experienced and reputable lecturers
- Be notified to join our seminars conducted by world renowned individuals
- Chance to network with reputable individuals from various industries
Here’s what our students and other companies have to say about us!